Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, For we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
- Galatians 6:9


What are you thankful for today? 
I am thankful for my beautiful son Joshua.  He has been the most wonderful blessing.  I can't imagine who I would be without him.  I can't remember who I was before him. I am thankful for my family.  They have helped me through some very difficult times. I am thankful for my friends.  They have been there to cry with and most importantly to laugh with.  I am also thankful for my 1p36 family.  They are truly the only ones who understand what it means to be Josh's mommy.  They are always there to answer questions, be supportive, and have been inspirational.
No matter how hard life can sometimes be if we look close enough we will always be able to find something to be thankful for.

What are some of your Thanksgiving memories?
I am not sure why these are the first memories that pop in my mind.  I remember my grandmother and I would eat the skin off of the turkey before it even hit the table.  I remember being the only other person (besides my grandpa) that would eat the oyster stuffing.  It made me feel like grandpa's girl. 
When I was in high school I remember I always had at least 3 places that I had to go to for dinner.  I would eat a tiny bit at each house so I wouldn't offend anyone.  Then we would always go for a long walk after the last dinner.  I remember being with my family.  All with their different traditions.  I got to take my favorite traditions from each and combine them into the traditions I am creating for my son.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Spend some time today to reflect on what you are thankful for.  Have a great day with your friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I remember big family dinners and having a day I could eat pie with whipped cream. I remember grandparents telling stories, eating turkey, ham and tamales!

    ReplyDelete