Monday, April 30, 2012

What's your take on Psalm 23?


Our pastor gave us some homework this week.  She wanted us to meditate on Psalm 23.  We are to take verse a day and meditate on in.  What does it mean?  How can we incorporate in our lives today.  I actually like homework.  If only I had that attitude when I was in school.  I thought maybe you would like to take the challenge with me.  Leave me your thoughts.

A Psalm of David.

Psalm 23

 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Today's verse:
The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want.
I take that to mean that God is like a shepherd.  He takes care of me.  He provides my needs. 

What do you think?  Can you addd anything to my my thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment