Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday's Question.....

Have you ever had something that triggers a specific memory or feeling?
It could be a scent or a song.  It could be anything.  Just something that takes you back.

I have a few.  Sometimes in the morning Josh will wake up.  He will still be so tired that he will have one eye shut and the other squinted.  It makes me remember the day he was born. The first time I saw his precious little face that was what he was doing. He took my breath away.  I was speechless, and for me that's rare.  It was that moment of realizing that who you were before didn't matter anymore.  Now you had something so much better to look forward to.

The reason for the question:  Last night a friend posted a video of Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight.  That song and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses always takes me back to the moment that I fell in love for the first time.  There is nothing quite like your first love.  Although, the memory of that person can fade over the years that feeling can be brought back by a guitar rip. You can be in the present one moment and in past the next.  It always congers up memories of a piggyback ride through Antietam Battlefield.  That was the place that I realized that I was in love for the very first time.  It is amazing how the mind works. 

3 comments:

  1. Mine would be the movie "Toy Story" this represents my younger days as a mother when my kids were so little and now they are getting older. It just makes me want to cry. Now the new movie just came out and I am starting to feel like the mom watching my kids do all these grown up things. I can't take it...my babies are babies anymore. Where did time go?

    -Carin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean aren't babies anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how fast our children grow. I can only imagine how that will tug at your heart strings.

    ReplyDelete