Monday, September 13, 2010

What Should I Blog About???????????????

I started this blog in an attempt to educate the world wide web users about saving money, stay at home jobs, etc.  As I began my research I realized everyone does that.  I also think it's a little boring.  I always have so many ideas in my head about what I want to do.  I want to start a non profit school for children with special needs.  I would like to start blog selling my wonderful crafts.  Hahaha.  The joke there is I can't sew. I have tried making jewelry and lets just say that didn't work out to well.  I have no artistic abilities. Well, maybe I should blog about cooking.  Oh, that's right I can't cook.  I love to write, but I want this blog to appeal to many different types of people.

Haven't you ever wanted to do something that would have a lasting impact?  That is who I am.  Let me give you a little back ground on me.  I was never a great student.   I was more worried about social activities instead of studies.  When our parents said good grades were important man they weren't lying.  I finally got my stuff together at 26 and went back to college.  In the beginning of my 3rd semester I found out that I was pregnant.  I started having complications with my pregnancy and dropped out.  I had every intention of going back. (That's what they all say, right)  However,when my son was born he was diagnosed with 1p36 deletion syndrome. (I'll come back to that a bit later)  Needless to say, my life was turned upside down.  I have been a stay at home mom ever since. I did have a small hiatus when my son Josh was in 1st grade.  I had the opportunity to work for his school.  A non profit school for children with special needs.  I was the community relations person. In other words I asked the community for money.  I did okay, but I had alot to learn.  He only had the opportunity to attend the school for a year, but I knew I wanted a school like that for Josh.  In the past year we have moved to a different state, my son's father and I have separated, and I can't find a job to work around my hectic schedule. I am just trying to figure out what the hell to do with my life.

I am starting over at the age of 35.  I will figure it out.  I am a single mom of a child with special needs.  It is all up hill.  I have always been a climber and I can't wait to see what is on the other side of the mountain.  I am just wondering how long it will take to see the view.  Cheesy, huh.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blogging, Michelle!! One thing you can do is to get a nice following -- and do product reviews. You can get the products for free and even host giveaways. It is a bit time-consuming, but it's a nice way to get some free stuff for your family! :-) Also, if you ever want to spend a few bucks to get a blog design together, I have a great/inexpensive blog designer. She did Huppie Mama and Moms on a Mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie. Thank you. When you have a moment I would really love to get some advice from you. I don't know how you do it. You are one of the most driven people I know. I have a lot of respect for you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of respect for you doing all this by yourself. Having a special needs child cannot be easy, but is very rewarding in so many ways. I love how you are doing all that you can to make a difference in the world. This blog will do that for sure! Many people need advice or suggestions on what works for other children with special needs and how to work those ideas into their own life.
    I teach many special needs students in my class and have my a special ed degree. But, I don't think that there are nearly enough places for parents to get together and find out good techniques from eachother and support to know that everyone struggles from time to time.
    Good luck with this blog and I love your ideas and writing so far!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I try to do more each day than I did the day before. If only I could hire a whole army of people to follow through with all of the crazy ideas I have to see if any of them will actually work... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacie - You are very sweet. You are right. There are so many parents with children with special needs that need some new suggestions. Yes, raising a special baby can be challeging but it really the most rewarding thing I have ever done. When my child does something new I really do feel like I am in the presence of a miracle.

    ReplyDelete